Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday night in


Not much sewing to report at the moment. We went to the Royal Melbourne Show yesterday, it was terribly windy, and there were a few small rain showers, but otherwise it was a fun day. The girls had a ball, and came home with a Dora Explorer showbag each, so they are happy little girls :-)

I've been to Spotlight a few times late in the week, came home with a bag full of fabrics on one trip, now just to decide what to do with it all! Some bibs, some soft toys, some shorts... The next trip was one with a purpose! I decided Thursday afternoon that a maya sling would be perfect to use at the show, should Tiana decide she was too tired to keep walking, and should Logan become too grumpy in the pram. So off we went to Spotlight to buy some fabric to make one.

I bought some, oops, I've forgotten what it's called! 100% cotton, crinkly material! It worked a treat, I didn't have time to hem it, so just used it as it was - Logan loved it! And talk about comfortable, so much easier on the back and shoulders than the baby carrier we have. Money well, spent, even though it was only $4/metre! (see above photo with the sling in use)

I am in the middle of sewing right now, thought I'd do an update, so have stopped to do so :-) I am shirring at the moment, a skirt for myself, although Tiana has told me she thinks it would make a nice dress for her, so we'll see once it's done!

Back to it :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cass said...

Shibley, sounds like you had a great time. Did you use a pattern, if so where did you get it, as I might have a go at one of these, thanks

10:36 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Love the sling!
We are off to the show tomorrow - I am so excited... Did you check out the craft pavillion?

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home