Monday, April 02, 2007

Some aprons, a rabbit, some longies and a cardi






I have been meaning to post some pics of these aprons I made for the girls from Logan for Christmas. You'll have to excuse the messiness of them (they are well used, and currently unwashed). They would have been much better clean & ironed, but you still get the idea with these pics!











And also these pics of this gorgeous little fellow, I think he is anyway, and my girls and boy are quite partial to him aswell;



















And here are some longies I finished knitting up for Logan last night, I need to learn how to sew up a knitted garment neatly though, these look shocking along the seams *blush* They are knitted up in wool from the Bendigo Woollen Mills, "Colonial Tempest"

And last but not least, this gorgeous little jumper that my Mum knitted up for Logan for his birthday (my baby boy is going to be one tomorrow *sob sob* where oh where has the year gone??!!) The yarn & pattern were purchased at the Melbourne Stitches & Craft Show, from "Wondoflex Yarn Craft Centre". They had the most divine yarns, I will be purchasing again from them in the future!!









4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cute aprons! My daughter loves the one I made her and small children just look adorable in them. Also looks like a good longies pattern. A great seam is a flat seam. Lie the two pieces to be joined next to each other,right side up. Take the wool and needle through a couple of stitches on one side and then through a couple on the other side, slowly moving along as you go. As the wool is pulled it brings the two pieces in to butt up against each other. Hope this helps!

8:34 AM  
Blogger ~Shibley~ said...

Thanks Kim, I've now got instructions off the www with pics for me, so I'll give the seams another go :D I should have looked for help with them before I sewed the longies up, that'll teach me!!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Those aprons look great, did you do the embroidery yourself? I love the knitting, especially the jumper that your mum made, it is adorbale.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Corrie said...

oh the knitted stuff is gorgeous just gorgeous

Thanks
Corrie:)

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home